Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Witch Wednesday

 Good morning, my dears! I have made another ward, this one for my backdoor. I have not empowered it yet.

This is a cowbell from the estate sale. I love cowbells. I grew up on a beef cattle farm. I always wanted to put bells on our cows, but my father thought it was a dumb idea. Last night, I made the cord to hang the bell on the door. Today I will be physically cleaning the door, then I will set the ward. 

While I made the cord, I was watching The Curse of Oak Island. I love that show. In the latest episode, a scientist made an Antikythera, which is a device for traveling by the stars. I couldn't find a picture of the one from the show, but Google gave me some interesting results.

 I can't help but notice how much it looks like a transmutation circle.
What if the earliest transmutation circles were star maps? What if they were for how to align magick circles with Zodiac energy? How powerful would a spell be if it mirrored the sky above? 
I realize transmutation circles are complex, spanning across science, magick, and even pop culture. I had a very difficult time finding a reliable source. Alchemy seems to be the subject that actually uses them, but rarely explains how to use them. Art from Full Metal Alchemist creeps in, which may or may not be correct. I've watched several videos of people drawing transmutation circles in chalk, but none of those ever mentioned if their circle aligned with anything or why they chose to draw that particular circle. It's sort of like watching a popular TV show without the sound. It might look interesting, but really you aren't even getting half the story. Realizing the planet gylphs mean actual planets and not just the metals they rule is like discovering there's a whole series of books the movie is based on. And then realizing there's a very big difference between having poisonous lead and aligning with the planet Saturn. 

I'm going to study this more. I don't expect to have answers any time soon. This is a big subject. 

Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.

No comments: