Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Post Eclipse

 Nothing went quite the way I planned. 

I thought I would be home all day, and have plenty of time to set spells. Instead, Youngest Son texted, asking me to come get him because the fairly large high school with at least 500 students present daily, had less than 100 students yesterday. Everyone was convinced it was the end of days, souls would ascend, the world would reset, the alien mother ship would land, the government would end the matrix, whatever. 

So a little after 11, when the eclipse first began to be visible in the world, I went to my garden, knelt down, and connected with my plant. Then I reached out for the sun, which I could feel on my skin, but it felt 'void.' I could feel the moon, which sort of had a full moon vibe. Then I connected with my beautiful Celtic pot. I tried to think about the artist, and how they might have felt while making it. 

I told my plant I wanted to be healed of diabetes, or at least be as healthy as I could be with the condition. I pictured seeing good numbers on my sensors, and my doctor telling me my a1c was at goal. 

Then I drove to the school to check the boys out. 

We got lunch, then ate at the park. The playground was closed for construction. So we came home. 

We had decided to let the kids swap rooms, and I decided the new moon in Aries during the eclipse was a good time to get started. A lot of cleaning, throwing out, and moving furniture ensued. My husband texted me around 2 to tell me we could use his welding helmet if we wanted to see the eclipse. The sky looked a little strange, but it was nothing like the last eclipse. Since I had already set my intent, and since it didn't look special outside, and since the kids were wound up about 'new' rooms, I didn't try to do anything else. I wanted to. I wanted to do a journal ritual with dragons. I wanted to read the cards. I wanted to make art. None of these happened. 

This morning, I had a difficult time getting everyone out the door. I showered because I have an appointment this morning. I checked my email and found that my daughter is probably supposed to be doing state testing today. I have called, but did not get an answer. I think I was supposed to drop her off an hour ago. If I am remembering last year correctly. I'm thinking I will just find out when the make-up testing date will be. I'll try to be better prepared tomorrow. I wonder if we were supposed to go yesterday. 

So. That's how things are currently going. How are you? 

Blessed be. Stay safe and well.

No comments: