Thursday, April 11, 2024

Snake Wrangler

 Yesterday, I cleaned my bedroom. I finally put the mirror away which served as my ward. Briefly, I debated the wisdom of taking away a protection spell aimed at one particular person. Even though the ward ended more than a week ago. I decided to trust in the Universe, and took the mirror to my studio. 

A few hours later, my husband called to ask if I would go catch a snake next door. One of their cats brought a snake in the kitchen. Middle Sister is terrified of snakes. Her parents weren't home. Will was at work. The boys hadn't come home from school yet. I was the only one available. 

She was sitting on a stool, with her foot pressing down a small crock pot, which was keeping the snake contained. She promptly left the room. I flipped the crock pot over and immediately thought the snake looked like a young cottonmouth. The colors weren't quite right for a cottonmouth, and it didn't have the triangular shaped head, but the snake wasn't afraid of me. It stayed in the strike position. 

Middle Sister tried to tell me how to catch the snake. I feel like if she knew what to do, she should have handled things herself. She did give me a grabbing rod. I put the snake in a popcorn bucket, then released it into the woods. 

Will thinks it may have been a juvenile king snake. I think it's a sign from the Universe. 

The snake was unharmed.

Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well, and watch for snakes.

No comments: