Saturday, April 6, 2024

Weekend Gardening

 

I changed my mind on planting patchouli. Honestly, I truly wanted marijuana. But my husband works in aviation, so that's a big no-no. Which is why I switched to patchouli. And when I started ordering plants, suggestions came up. This is ashwagandha, which is the only supplement I've found that will help type 1 diabetics. Everything is for type 2. I'm a 1. I have been a type 1 for 14 years. This is the spell I need more than anything else, and if I'm going to work powerful magick during the eclipse that will turn my life around, this is the plant that needs to be in the Celtic pot. I have no idea how to use the plant. I don't know if I can eat the leaves, or if I need to cook it, if it blooms, if I use the roots, or fucking what. But I will figure it out. 

I have peppers in the garden. I did have lettuce. It was doing great. Then I foolishly left the screens off because the plants were getting too tall and the chickens ate damn near all my lettuce. 

This is Venom, one of the lettuce eating, offensive peckerheads. I almost had a whole freezer full of chicken dinners, but the idea of plucking so many feathers stopped me. Asshole better be grateful I allowed him to live. 

Wild onions drying so I can make onion powder. I don't really trust food companies anymore. Since I have an abundance of onions, I might as well stop buying onion powder.

Tomatoes. I decided to go with panels instead of cages this year. You can see the panels and more peckerheads in the background.

More of the plants I bought, waiting to go in pots. The not-so-great-looking one on the left is stevia, which I have tried to grow in the past. Something always happens to my stevia plants. Last time, my coy dog dug it up and chewed on it. 

My kitchen altar. My orchids are doing well. The big one has a new bud, and the small one has new leaves. Yesterday, I put them in bigger pots. I also covered them in bitter spray, since our plant-attacking cat started eye-balling them as soon as I put the orchids on the counter. His tail arched around in angry patterns when he saw the bitter spray bottle. The cat has been sitting on the floor glaring at the orchids. Last night, I heard something tumble around in the kitchen, so I assume he jumped on the counter to taste leaves. 

This isn't all my plants, just what I am working on at the moment. I spend most of my day gardening. Today I intend to get the rest of the tomatoes in the ground, then set up the panels. I also have eggplants to put in containers. And I need to figure out where to put a bean tepee for my daughter. 

Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well. Remember, gardening is an anti-fascist act.  

No comments: