Sunday, April 7, 2024

Studio Sunday

 I never did show you the two quilts I finished:

Because I have been sick, I am washing the bedding. I put clean sheets on the bed, but my blankets are in the washer. Also, my pillows aren't that thick; I fluffed them up in the dryer with two tennis balls.
This quilt is from a round robin my fiber group did. I made the gold star in the center, and everyone added something.
Detail of some of the star blocks. I also added the dollies. I think they sort of look like spinning galaxies. 
This is also a round robin project. I designed the paper-pieced trees. I drew the pattern on cotton squares, then several ladies made me trees. This is my winter/spring side.
This is my summer/fall side. 
My husband drew the tree. I wanted him to draw the outline of a tree so our daughter could add fabric scraps to make a tree collage. But I guess he thought I meant a dead tree. After much discussion, he drew what I originally wanted, and I had this for a future project. It all worked out.
And I got my Storm At Sea quilt back on the wall. I had it behind the bed, but I don't think it works there. I feel like it disturbs our sleep when we are beneath the storm. Opposite our bed is okay because then it prevents trouble from reaching us. 

That's all for now. Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.

No comments: