Friday, April 12, 2024

A Few Updates

 My daughter only had state testing on Thursday. I got her there early, and survived the nightmare that is parking by doing spells. I used 3. The first one I learned over two decades ago, Great Goddess Squat, find me a parking spot! I also asked the spirit of Doris Day to help me because in every one of her movies, she parks in front of the building she will be going in. There is ALWAYS a vacant space waiting for her. And third, I asked the dragons to help. I've started asking the dragons for help when I have a problem, but don't know how to fix it. They have always come through for me. I had to park in the parking garage on the 3rd floor. The first time I went, that floor was almost empty. I ended up going to take her food two hours later, and a car backed out as soon as I came up the ramp. The 3rd time, when I picked her up for the day, there were 4 empty spaces because people were starting to leave. 

As far as I know, no more snakes have been found anywhere. 

The kids still haven't completely switched rooms. I set up the boys' old desk for my daughter's home school. She does her lessons in her 'new' room every day. The boys set up their play station in her room, and play games most nights after dinner. This weekend, I would like to move beds. 

Air Witch just told me she quit the job she's had for 16 years. She had a panic attack at work. She went home. The next day, she unlocked the door and the panic attack started again. She decided the job wasn't worth her mental health. 

My boomer mother can't change the TV channel. I have lost count of the times I showed her what button to press. I want to be no contact and she wants me to come over to change channels. 

My garden looks fabulous. 

Most of my element dragons now reside in the studio. I need to make a perch for Fire. I'm not sure where my Air Dragon is. I may be buying another dragon. My husband cleared out a spot to build his pole barn; his shop will be built after the barn. At some point, I get my studio all to myself. 

I have been doing work to make something happen. I now have a date range. I am much relieved. I will continue with the work. 

I have been taking hemp oil twice a day for months. I am almost pain free. I still rest often. I still limit physical movement. It has been weeks since since I've taken a pain pill. We will probably be going to court about the traffic accident. I still have long covid, but the symptoms aren't as bad. 

The house is fairly clean. I read at least one chapter a day. I do a little sewing. I visit my garden several times a day, even if I'm not planting anything. The garden soothes my soul. 

We are fixing mother-in-law's Geo Tracker, and when it leaves, my mustang will go under the carport. Then I will start sanding and painting. 

That's all for now. I haven't decided what to post for Studio Sunday, but I am thinking about it. Blessed be, my dears. Stay safe and well.

No comments: