Thursday, June 7, 2012

NOT AGAIN!

Last year, Sophie got sprayed by a skunk. Being that it was such an awful experience for the entire household, I thought she learned not to mess with skunks. Several people told me spraying doesn't discourage dogs from chasing skunks. I didn't believe it. Surely Sophie would remember the god-awful stench, the tomato juice, the multiple baths, and being banned from the house.

Nope.

She got sprayed AGAIN last night. She didn't smell as bad, so apparently she has learned to dodge. But the skunk still got her so Sophie and Queen spent the night in the pen. I don't know if Queen got sprayed. I opened the gate and she ran in with Sophie. I didn't try to separate them. Once again, wise old Halona knew better than to chase a skunk.

I really don't want to do the tomato juice thing again. It's nasty. But it's the only thing that works. I really don't want to bathe dogs before going to work because that skunk smell tends to contaminate everything it touches. Plus Sophie is not liking the pen, she'll try to run off as soon as I open the gate AND she doesn't like baths, so I don't know how I will get everything set up without her noticing. Come to think of it, I don't have anything large enough to put her in. How did I do it before? I remember pouring the juice on her in the pen. Sigh. I hate skunks.

Read last year's post here

and here

No comments: