Thursday, March 21, 2024

Rambling Bits

 Thursday @ 10:13 a.m.

I decided to start writing, because I want to post something, I just don't know what to say. 

Yesterday, I cleaned the bookcases in my bedroom. I have been deep cleaning the house all week because it's Spring. I found lots of books with bookmarks in them. I start reading, but never finish the book. As I have a Bachelor's degree in English, I am deeply shamed by this. I've decided to read a chapter or two after lunch daily. Most of the books were my father's gardening/farming books. Now is a good time to study such things.

I have also dropped my Latin studies. I'm never going to learn the scientific names of plants if I don't study Latin. 

I also found the key I purchased for magick. I hid it on the bookcase until I was ready to use it, then completely forgot. I took the key out to the studio. 

I cleaned up the porch. I still haven't been sitting out there. I decided to start transforming the yard into something pleasing and pleasant. There's not much I can do because most of things are too heavy for me to move by myself.  I'm trying to remember that I have the power to change whatever I don't like, and while I may not be able to physically lift anything, I can tell the boys to move things. 

I did not do anything for the Equinox. Normally, I decorate for Easter. I make an egg tree with one of the saplings in the yard. All my decorations are at Homestead, and I don't want to see my mother. She should be in a better mood now because we solved her television problem. But I don't want to see her, even briefly. 

The lettuce I planted has started coming up! I have a bunch of it! I probably have way too much in the tiny beds, but it's fresh food growing in my garden, so I'm happy. The micro greens aren't doing anything yet. My peppers look good. My orange trees seem okay. My lavender and my basil are ready to be harvested. My onions look good. My mint is trying to escape its container. My strawberry plant is starting to produce fruit. My apple trees have buds. The potatoes don't seem to be doing anything, but it hasn't been that long since I planted them. 

I got another scammer on DeviantArt. Actually, I got two. The first one was obviously a scam, so I marked it as spam without reading it. The other started watching me, then inquired about a piece that I had listed as a commission, so I thought it was legit. Then he came back with wanting to buy AI art, ordering a commission, and without asking the price, offered $17,000 for each. The whole thing depressed me. Here I am making things that I like. I believe there's someone out there who will also like these things, and I do gets likes, but the only chats are people looking to screw me over because that's what nasty little trolls do. 

I still do not know if my Etsy shop is up and running or not. It appears to be. I haven't gotten any more sales. I haven't received any other emails from maybe or maybe not Etsy officials. I stopped making things because this is rather depressing. I pour a lot of time and energy into a shop that gets little traffic. I found another online marketplace, but I'm not sure if it would be any better than Etsy. I found a local market in the next town, but I want to check them out in person before I commit. 

I decided once I finish my monthly tree and star projects, I am going to make monthly quilt blocks. I have tried this a couple of times in the past, but it never worked out. Before, I was trying to make certain blocks, and a few were beyond my skill level. I think this time I will just make something, even if it is a scrap block. 

I haven't designed fabric in a while. I think I want to try designing Celtic knots, maybe sections that could easily be put together into complex designs. 

@12.46 p.m.

I decided to harvest and dry mint. As I arranged leaves on the pizza pan, I realized this is a spell. So I started chanting for money. Then I realized I could start selling eggs again. While I was at it, I could sell herbs, like this mint that I have way too much of. When the peppers start producing, I can make pepper sauce and sell that too. And since I have this whole little farmer's produce stand going on, I could put a quilt or a mirror out there too. Now I'm designing a tent for the yard. 

I also discovered that Pinterest has deleted the same pin they have been complaining about and reinstating for the last 3 months. I am going to delete the damn thing tomorrow, after they put it back. Fix your fucking bots, you dumbass, narrow-minded, male-chauvinist pig, uncultured, uneducated loser, and quit snooping through my pins. Since Pinterest pissed me off, here's more HooDoo pins that I deleted from one of my secret boards:








No comments: