Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Words For Wednesday

 And pictures, too.

YouTube showed me how to fix my sewing machine. I clamped it to a board, making the machine more portable, and now I can sew while sitting on the couch. I'm really excited to use the machine again. I am super excited to use a sewing machine while I rest on a heating pad. Since the car accident, I haven't been able to sit at my machine for more than 20 minutes without back pain. Before, I always clamped this little machine to the kitchen island because that spot had plenty of light. I think I will either cut this board down, or find a smaller board. I can't use this machine for large pieces of fabric, but it's okay- I can use my sewing machine as much as I want! And actually, I could sew large fabric together, I just can't quilt because that's too thick. These little machines were meant to be toys; they were never intended for serious sewing. 

And back to my YouTube remark, that is how I solve all my sewing problems. That's how I repair machines, refresh my memory on techniques, figure out short-cuts, and learn about new fiber art. This machine is a Singer 20 and I didn't think I would get any worthwhile results because the suggestions popping up while I typed all had to do with songs in 2020. But once I hit search, the very first video not only showed my machine, but described the exact problem AND gave the solution. YouTube is awesome. 

I have been trying to come up with a good stitch witch ritual. It is difficult to do a spell every single time I sew. First, I have to remember to do it. If my family is around, I can't do a detailed ritual. I needed something less obvious. This little copper cauldron has set beside my sewing machine for years. I use it as a mini trash can and put my thread snips and fabric cuttings inside. I've started using the cauldron to hold my notions. I visualize the cauldron filled with white light before I start sewing. I take the tools out, throw in snippets while I sew, and before I empty it, I see negative energy flowing off my project. Then I empty the cauldron, put my tools back inside, fill with light white, and everything is going great! I am more focused, I get more done, and I have noticed people have a positive response to my sewing. I have a few more spell ideas for sewing, but I will discuss them later. It is a little soon to tell how effective they are.

I finally found a use for this pendulum. I wear this while sewing. I also use it to select thread, yarn, and fabric. I have been holding the pendulum over projects. If I get a counter-clockwise rotation, I put white light into the project until it swings clockwise. Sometimes the pendulum swings counter-clockwise because I have made a mistake. Once the mistake is corrected, it swings clockwise. The pendulum has become a very useful sewing tool. I didn't expect that at all. That's why I am experimenting with sewing rituals. I probably have a lot to learn. 

That's all for now. Until we meet again, blessed be.



No comments: