Friday, August 7, 2020

The 32nd Stitch Witch Post of 2020

Today's post is about bargello. 
This is a kind of needlework worked on a grid. Generally, all the stitches are straight, but the pattern appears to curve due to stitch placement, length, and spacing. 
It looks complex, but after the first line of stitches is established, following the next line is easy. 
Here's a closer picture to show the details. This emphasizes the curve. Changing the colors can give a different mood. This makes me think of sunlight, and I think it would be a good healing spell.
This piece looks like ribbons. It might be useful as a marriage spell. The yellow could represent happiness while the red could represent passion. 
There are lots of bargello patterns with "eyes" that are useful as protection spells, or for keeping something secret. Which is a form of security. 

While bargello has existed for 100's of years, there are no meanings assigned to the patterns that I know of. My suggestions here are how I would use the patterns. I think stitch witchery can be applied to any type of stitching as long as the intent/purpose us strong and clear. 

No comments: