Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Tuesday

 Good morning dear readers. A lot has happened. We decided to move.

My mother is 80 years old, and may be in the beginning of dementia. Last week her air conditioner stopped working. I was over there a lot as we uncovered problem after problem. We got most of them fixed, and the air is working now. Mom seems much more grounded in reality when I spend time with her. So, for health reasons, I need to live closer to her.

My in-laws own the lot that we currently live on. My husband bought this land over 20 years ago to be closer to his family. Then he took a job in another state. His parents took over the payments. Then he moved back and married me. His mother will not give us our lot. She told my husband he had to buy the lot back. At the current market price. Not pay back what she put into it. But then she would not agree to a price. Nor did she keep track of payments he had already made. She wanted him to pay rent forever and that's not fair. We decided we would never own this land. We gave up. 

The move probably won't happen until next year. At first, I was going to move our double wide over to Mom's, but this morning my husband said he wants a new house. That makes more sense because we could set up the new trailer and move in without the need of staying in a hotel or renting a storage unit. He wants to use this house as a trade in. 

It's a lot to take in. It's a lot to think about. But we aren't happy living here. And we have talked about this before. 

We decided this over the weekend. Yesterday we started paring down our belongings. At first, we were keeping our decision a secret. But the boys started acting out. I think they were picking up on vibes and it made them feel insecure. I told them what was happening and they seemed relieved. 

So that's my mess of a life. I have no idea how all of this will play out. I may not be able to write much. I will post updates. Blessed be.

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

Thank goodness you're moving, I have thought this was the best thing for you to do for a long time. Much less hassle from the in-laws and closer to your mum. Good luck with everything and post when you can. I'll still be here xxxx