Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Marketing Plan

Yesterday I mentioned promoting my art cheaply, and I thought I would share with all three of my dear readers.

This is a bit different from the usual intrusive ad. I really hate being bombarded with commercials. Since I don't like it, I assume nobody does. I'm not going to be annoying.

This is it. Celtic knots. No, really. There are 6 knots on this page. That is at least 6 new followers on social media. I'm not trying to sell anything. I am only trying to raise awareness about what I do. I'm doing Magick along the way.

First step is timing. The moon is currently waxing, almost full. It's a good day to begin, but the finer point of this timing is working by the clock. This is a very simple method that is wonderful for when you are too impatient to wait for a moon phase. From the beginning of the hour, when the minute hand moves from the 12 to the 6, the minute hand is moving down. This is the time to banish. In the second half of the hour, from the 6 to the 12, the minute hand is moving up, making it the time to bring things to you. I started coloring knots once the minute hand moved past the 6.

For the first knot I chose fire colors because I want this idea to have a strong start. It did not take an entire 30 minutes to color. I got interrupted twice by phone calls. When I finished this knot I still had 10 minutes left, but I knew I couldn't finish a second knot before the minute hand began its downward sweep, so I stopped right here. I started coloring again after the minute hand had safely passed the 6.

For the second knot I chose water colors to balance the fire. I will probably work through all the elements, and finish the last two knots in silver and gold for prosperity, or in shades of purple for Magick. Once the knots are colored I will cut them out.

Now we come to the advertising part. I will write web addresses for my social media accounts on the back of each knot and leave them in public places such as bookstores, cafes, parks, or public bulletin boards. The knots cannot be mistaken as merchandise and upon finding one, somebody will immediately flip it over. If they are not interested, they will in all likelihood put it back. If they throw the knot away, I've only lost a piece of paper and the time I spent coloring. If they are interested, they will at least visit me online. If I'm lucky they will follow me on Facebook and if I'm really lucky they will tell friends. If they keep the knot but never visit my page then I have spread Magick into the world.

I am following this up with mundane work. I intend to post art before sending my knots out into the world. I make art all the time, but I don't post regularly. This forces me to update my social media.

The knots came from a coloring book, and there are several more pages with designs that can be easily cut into smaller pieces. Probably I will start drawing my own knots. I could also leave small art pieces with a card attached. I've left some of my cubes in public to give Magick to my community.

I should mention that this working is not complete. I started coloring yesterday. I have 2 knots colored. I received an email this morning from an Amazon customer inquiring about an item in my shop. I think the Universe sees the work I am willing to do and has begun to reward my efforts. That's a wonderful feeling, and I am encouraged to keep going.

No comments: