Friday, September 21, 2018

The Last Day of Summer

I've decided to start something new. And to revisit something old.

First, the old. One Halloween I carried around a Magic 8 Ball to read fortunes. It was fun. People asked me all kinds of questions from trivial to life altering. I gladly asked my 8 ball and gave answers. Everyone had a good time.

After Halloween, I kept asking the 8 ball questions. It gave me answers. Correct answers at that. I began to rely on it as a divining tool.

But sadly, the fluid leaked out. I bought a new ball. It didn't work at all. Then the little answers wouldn't rise. I gave up.

I was in the grocery store today. I found a small 8 ball. This is closer to the size of a real billiard ball, though nowhere near the weight. It has no fluid. It works by pressing a button. I think it's worth trying.

Now, the new. Part of a Witch's job is to turn the Wheel. I have long welcomed each new season. But I haven't closed the old season. I'm doing a journal ritual today to give thanks for what summer brought me. I will decide what should stay and what should go.

I'm using amethyst to remove negative energy and an agate to build positive energy. I have my cards (black bag) and my pendulum (red bag) for in depth reading. Of course, I will start trying my new 8 ball.

And tomorrow I will do a Mabon ritual to set my intent for the new season.

No comments: