Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Few Notes Before the Series

Yesterday I started a WordPress blog for my art. I linked it to my Facebook page so every post is automatically shared. I get more exposure for WordPress while getting more out of Facebook without having to figure out interesting topics. Nor do I need to to "overshare." In order for people to see the sewing page posts, I have to share them to my personal page. That means the few friends who follow both see it twice. It's not very accurate and I'm still not sure how many people see them because someone will like the post and Facebook will tell me no one saw it. I have issues with Facebook.

This blog isn't going anywhere. I've devoted too much time and effort to just give it up. But I didn't want someone looking for my art and being turned off by my problems. I need to be able to vent.

And definitely we need more Magick. I will think something is a tired subject but people still keep asking because they don't know, they haven't had the experience.

My plan with WordPress is to post every day. I fail with the Fiber Friday posts, mainly because I have no clear record of what I did all week, and Fridays are busy. I never get the chance to post pictures or write. It will be so much easier to share a link I know goes to art work instead of wondering how much spell work is before the fiber post and if a fundy Xian will see it and leave nasty comments until I repent. Which, by the way, saying snide things does not endear your savior to me. It just shows you're a nasty person who's not nearly as righteous as you claim.
(Yes, this has happened more than once.)

I will develop my WordPress site and add a link here once I am satisfied. I'm still getting used to it. WordPress is very different from Blogger. I had tried Wix. It was too much. I didn't need all the pages it offered. Changing things to suit me was too involved, I had no good way to promote it, and the monthly charge became too much.

Nothing will appear any different on this end, other than no more Fiber Friday posts.

The Witches & Magick series begins on Saturday, September 22. I'm not finished. I've scheduled posts for the rest of September and some into October. I still have a good bit of work to do. The theme this year is dragons. I'm finding dragons all over the place. I hope I can give you wonderful Magick this year.

No comments: