Monday, September 17, 2018

Magick Monday

This is the last Magick Monday post before beginning my Witches & Magick series. Things seem to be happening very fast. I'm trying to move slowly into the next season but life has sped up. Autumn is a favorite for many. People have been pushing pumpkin everything across social media. I finally gave in because I was depressed and needed something to cheer me up. About a week ago I did a serious cleaning spree. As I cleaned I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to decorate for Halloween. Then I thought, Why wait?
So I added a pumpkin to my table. Ever since then, I have been slowly putting out more and more decorations. I will show you more in a future Witches & Magick post, since, you know, I am a Witch.

Today I want to talk about my bulletin board. I decided I needed to review my goals. This isn't my idea. I read another blog about doing midyear reviews to see if she's on track for reaching yearly goals. I don't do New Year's Resolutions because I like to start things as soon as I have the idea. 6 months is too much of a time gap for me. I decided to review and revise my life each season.

I haven't added much. But I see it every day as soon as I get up because this is beside my bed. I've been thinking a lot about seasons. It reminds me of upcoming art shows even though I didn't list all the shows on the bulletin board. I just see my pictures and remember what's coming up, then I remember what I am making.
My version of resolutions. This is what I will do this fall so that I can prepare for winter.
Sewing schedule so I can complete all my projects. I sew a lot. I make lots of things for a variety of reasons.
I color coded price tags to help me keep up with inventory. I intend to add baseline prices so I don't have to remember how I priced an item.
I've been carrying this card in my tablet case where I can't see it. No point in that. I got the card because I liked how it looked, so might as well view it daily.
I thought my son traced this dragon but it doesn't match the picture in the book. He actually drew what he saw on the page.
My spiral is here to help me figure out what to do with it.
Like Marilyn, I often feel as though I'm losing a bet.

None of this is remarkable, but the bulletin board helps me tremendously because I can't forget my goals. I was writing in my journal to help me remember. I have lots of ideas, but if I don't start immediately I forget. I would have to reread the journal in order to remember. Now I'm reminded every day. If something isn't going to work it becomes obvious in short order. That encourages me to adjust my plans instead of dropping the idea.

No comments: