Monday, July 23, 2018

Magick Monday, The Bulletin Board

This morning I decided to write in my journal. I enjoy writing but sadly I don't make it a daily habit. I was listing things I could make, and what I need to keep me inspired. Immediately I thought of spiders, that wonderful totem of weavers. I look up and see this:
Webs on my ceiling fan. That I just cleaned Friday.

On to the bulletin board.
I still haven't written out my goals/future projects. That was the point of journaling today. But I have my pictures and I have a time frame.
First is Marilyn, who I admire. I think she was very misunderstood. I think every thing she did was confined by the roles other people projected on to her. She couldn't escape and everyone failed to see the beautiful soul she was.
This picture symbolizes winter. My birthday is in January and my husband's in February. His totem is bear.
Spring. I always think of gardening and growth. I want to grow as an artist.
Summer. I always think of waterways when I think of summer. This is a muddy river but beautiful waterfall.
Autumn. This is a picture I found before deciding to use the seasons as my guide. I will have goals to complete every season, along with checking to see if I am staying on track for my New year's resolutions. I wanted to create more art so I started entering shows. I have a big show coming up in January so on the first day of fall I should make sure those pieces are finished and on the first day of winter I should be packing art for shipping and ensuring I have money for the entry fee.
Friday I ate lunch at the park. When I walked to the trash can I found this charm. I put it on my board to remind myself that I am doing all this for me. I shouldn't create art to please others.

1 comment:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Creative expression is such powerful Medicine, as you've demonstrated in this post. Now... I look forward to hearing about (or seeing) some of the art you want to create. Whatever you do, have fun!