Friday, July 20, 2018

Fiber Friday

Monday I got Autum finished. Completely finished, backed with hanging sleeve. I can hang it over the fireplace on the first day of fall.

Feeling very proud of myself, I pushed on with my mirror box.
I was pretty sure I would have it done Monday night. I actually started connecting the sides. Then my husband came home and I stopped sewing to help him with household issues. I cooked supper. I was really tired and my sinuses were acting up. I decided it wasn't necessary to finish 2 projects in one day. I went to bed. Then my stepson caused multiple problems all through the night. The next day, my proud of myself feeling vanished. I didn't feel like sewing anything.
I finally finished the box Tuesday. I feel let down. I thought it was a cool idea. I thought it would be a great way to display crystals or a prism or maybe a flameless LED candle would look great. Now I'm not sure why I bothered.
I started on a sign for my shop. Eventually I will have a trailer filled with merchandise and I will travel to fairs and flea markets. I've been chomping at the bit to start on this. I thought finishing 2 projects back to back meant I had the time to devote to something new, but I lack the drive and interest. I don't really feel like sewing anything.

That was about it for Tuesday, other than half-hearted attempts in the evening.

Wednesday I had a lot more done.

Wednesday and Thursday were rough days because Monday night we discovered our stepson stole a tablet so Tuesday we were dealing with punishment and the fact that he can't be left unsupervised for even a minute. Wednesday night he got the laptop so he could watch movies instead of sleeping. Thursday I assigned the task of clearing kudzu from the property. Lot harder to steal electronic devices when you aren't in the house. I spent a good amount of time wondering how different our lives would be if we didn't constantly deal with problems. I also realized many of my plans for art never come to fruition because one person disrupts the entire household. I started wondering if my stepson would ever straighten up, if I would ever be able to keep regular studio hours, or if any of it really mattered. At this point I felt really depressed.

Today is Friday. Due to the exhaustion of pulling stubborn kudzu vines, and coupled with more sleeping pills, I think my son slept. If he didn't he at least didn't wake anyone else. I slept, so I feel better. None of my children are home today, that helps a lot. I decided to do some quilting. I love quilts but I don't get to quilt much because I lack the space to leave things spread out undisturbed. Currently I can only make QAYG and small whole cloth quilts. I hope next week I'll have a finished block to show.

Linking up here: http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com

3 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

hope you will be able to find a way through this difficult time.

FreeDragon said...

Thank you.

fluffy said...

That autumn sign is absolutely beautiful, I also really think your mirror box is an excellent idea for putting crystals, candles in etc. I can fully appreciate how exhausted you must be and think you do remarkably well to get as much done as you do. I hope things improve for you soon and never feel guilty for having negative thoughts about things it is just your minds form of release. Much love Fluffy xx