Thursday, July 26, 2018

Personal Life Updates

If you're having trouble keeping up with my hot mess, or if you missed a post or 2, here's how everything stands in no particular order:

1. Oldest son is in jail. I signed an arrest warrant for theft. One of our friends saw him at a gas station and convinced a deputy to follow Oldest Son. The deputy pulled him over for an expired tag. He had no insurance, no proof of ownership, he changed the VIN on the truck, and his license is expired. All these things led to his arrest. The warrant I signed, and the warrant his parole officer signed, helped to keep him there. More people are pressing charges so he keeps getting deeper in trouble. This is nearly an exact repeat of how he went to jail in Virginia.

While I was typing the above paragraph the repo man came looking for oldest son and/or the motorcycle he never paid for. These things carry on for a long while due to the sheer number of people affected. We also have bill collectors calling us. There's no telling what else will come up.

2. We now have an in home counseling team coming to our house to help with our stepson. They've been here once, so nothing has changed yet. I really hope this helps but I feel things have to get worse before it gets better. Of course, periodically things slide into the much worse category just because of the nature of behavior problems.

3. I don't think he's getting up as much. I don't think he's sleeping, but he doesn't seem to be wandering around the house at night. He found a rattlesnake in the yard which sacred him badly. Z and his wife went out of town so we are dog sitting. The dog slept with the boys last night and if that's all it takes to keep my stepson in his room then I have no problem keeping one of our dogs in the house.

4. Z took my daughter with him on his trip. I miss her. But I know she's safe and I don't have to worry about my stepson hurting her. I am sad and relieved at the same time.

5. I have been sewing more but I don't seem to be making progress. I guess it's like having a regular 9 to 5 job; you go every day, get stressed, get paid, and then keep struggling whether you like your job or not. It pays off with vacation, promotions, and raises but it can be hard to remember why you're doing it. Maybe making art would be less drudgery if I produced a finished piece every day. But I don't think the same level of quality would be present. I keep plugging along, I just wish the satisfaction of seeing complete work came more often.

6. I cleaned out my sewing box. I put away a few tools. I added my Witch magnet to remind me of Magick. And I got out this:
A long time ago I made a mini altar. I decided this was the best way to have a sewing rite. I am using an LED candle. I try to turn it on every time I sew. The benefit of flameless means I can leave it in the box without fear of fire. No one ever sees this. Sometimes I forget. I think it's worth doing and I believe it will evolve into a better practice. So much like plugging away at art I keep trying with rituals.

7. I have been quilting more. I am enjoying it. Sometimes I feel bad because I am not working at the rate I planned. But, a few times I've gotten stuck and after I left the quilt alone for a few days a solution presented itself. I'm trying not to worry about time so much.

8. My gay cousin came over for Sunday dinner with his husband. It went much better than I thought it would. The only awkward moment was when my younger sons asked Ron if he was a boy or girl. They did not understand why a man would wear makeup and paint his nails. Fortunately, he answered with grace and without taking offense. Then he talked cars with my husband. My cousin was amused, saying Ron wouldn't act so butch if he found a cockroach. I laughed all night and I'm really glad they came.

9. My Nissan Hardbody is still in the shop. I still don't have a replacement for the Titan. If I didn't have children I wouldn't need another car.

10. I got a paid sewing job through my husband's work. I'm hoping it leads to another paid job.

No comments: