Monday, April 23, 2018

Magick Monday Updates

I really like the idea of a day dedicated to Magick posts, but as of yet I haven't found a good rhythm for writing. I get Fiber Friday done, then it's the weekend, and suddenly it's Monday and I haven't written anything.

First, I am still using my astrology box. 2 weeks ago, I saw chaos headed my way. I couldn't tell what was going to happen though indicators pointed to either my son going through counseling or my sister in law. Both of them tend to explode over minor details that don't actually matter. Constantly dealing with the aftermath gets tiring. So I added some crystals. I tried to think about what could trigger an outburst. I decided with my son it would probably be school related. I'm really fed up with the school. I decided to focus on finding a new school. With middle sister chaos could come from her not taking meds to just being bored. I can't really influence her behavior but it would be really nice if everyone didn't react to it, so I asked for a stable family unit.

Nothing happened. Well, nothing bad anyway. I discovered I could home school and I found several people who do in my area, there are many resources, and I'm not required to teach common core, which in my opinion is the stupidest goddamned thing ever invented. We tutored my son in math, he finally understood, he just did the math, found the correct answer, and he still got an F because he isn't using common core. I hate the school.

As for sister in law, she tried several times to be a drama queen and everyone ignored her. She was really nasty to my husband and he just left. He stayed calm while she screamed. My father-in-law said ignoring was best. I told him she probably kept doing these things because no one has ever held her accountable for it. He went very still and quiet. I hope the next time she goes into hysterics he acts like a father, but that's probably asking too much.

Anyway, the box works. I think I will get a little more involved with what I do. I have been working on 1 to 2 areas but I see no reason to limit myself. When I did this before I worked on things as issues arose. I think I was working on about half the houses before I moved. For some reason, it didn't occur to me to set up the astrology altar again until now.

I'm feeling drawn to work with Tarot. What I'm thinking about is taking a picture of a card and using the picture on my lock screen. That way every time I look at my phone I will be reminded to do Magick. Currently most of my decks are in the studio, save for the 2 decks I always carry with me. Tarot cards are wonderful spells. They are so much more than divination.

The other thing I'm currently working on is shop decorations. I said before that I have color coded everything. I have been making star shaped price tags. I wanted bigger stars to go on the walls, then it would be easier to unpack and set up my wares. But my craft store didn't have the larger plastic canvas stars. They did have large circles. I bought that. I settled down and started stitching a brown circle. I didn't want a plain brown circle. I made a sort of spiral in dark brown then started filling in the background with tan. It looks very earthy. I decided maybe putting the cash box/check out in that section would be a good idea. And then I started doing Magick and now it's a prosperity spell.

My fiber art group does quarterly projects. This quarter is hidden messages. One of our members saw the movie Phantom Threads and was intrigued with the idea of hiding messages in quilts. I have been playing with the idea of using my star cubes. I'd like to make big cubes for the shop. I found knitted Christmas ornaments and I can easily turn those into plastic canvas because all the patterns are shown in grid format. Not all of the patterns have a Christmas theme. Some are stars or geometrics worked in red and white. I really like the idea of using my work for Magick.


No comments: