Monday, February 19, 2018

I Think I Made It

An artist I admire left a comment on my last post. I think I have achieved success.

Every day I try to sew. This isn't always possible, but pretty much every day I sew to create art. However, projects aren't being completed as they should. Sometimes I get wrapped up on one. Some I don't like anymore so I don't want to finish. Others I simply forget about because the deadline is so far away there's nothing to hold my attention. I made a project schedule. It isn't complete, I only listed the items I felt most guilty about avoiding. But it is a start, and now I know when I'll work on things even if I'm not exactly sure what I will do. At the very least, now planning what to carry with me each day is a bit easier.

I also think I need to journal daily. It helps me to stay focused. Ideas seem to flow better. Journaling reminds me of things to check out.

I am making my way to the garden each day to bless the war water. It hasn't rained since I decided to make war water, but I did find spider webs on the 3rd day. I thought the webs were cool. I was reminded Spider is my totem. I haven't worked with Grandmother Spider in a long time. This needs to change. I may add a spider item to my sewing box.

No comments: