Saturday, September 23, 2017

Stitch Witchery Day 2, Prosperity Cube Project

Welcome to my month+ long series of Witches & Magick. I began yesterday on Mabon and will run through Halloween. This is the second post on the second day. This year, all the posts will be about stitch spells. Our first project/spell is a prosperity cube. To begin, I'm going to show you how I chose this project and the colors. I will post pictures of each step involved in making the cube and the magick will be in this red font. You can do the stitchery part without the magick if spells make you nervous. I advise learning the sewing before adding magick but if this is a totally new experience feel free to plunge in. I believe magick is best learned by doing. I do urge you to read all the way through the post before doing the spell. These are NOT quick and easy. All are time consuming and none of the spells can be done in one sitting. You will need a place to keep your work. This can be on your altar or in a special box or maybe just in a place off limits to everyone else.
I chose this project with my pendulum and my magick journal. I suppose you could call this a Book of Shadows but I don't because my spells tend to be tangible things with real world results.
I've had this journal a long time. I only write the most important parts of my practice here. Either things I think I shouldn't forget or the spells that work best for me or spells I wrote myself that were most successful.
I would like to make mention of runes. I find runes work very well. These are Norse runes and are said to work best for people of German ancestry, which I am. Because these runes are made of straight lines they translate very well in stitches. I use them in sewing often. They aren't usually visible in the finished work. Sometimes I just trace the rune with my finger onto cloth. They are also easy to etch into candle wax if you want to burn a candle while working.
My journal has several pendulum charts in it. I use this page to figure out what kind of sewing project to focus on.
I had to make a chart for deciding what kind of cube to make. The choices are love, protection, luck, and prosperity because I believe all spells will fall into one of those categories. Health could be either protection (guard against disease ), prosperity  (abundant good health), or love (wanting your family to be healthy). Even things like banishing falls into one of these 4 such as banishing a stalker because he has an unhealthy fascination (love) with you.
I held the pendulum over each word. It swung counterclockwise until I got to prosperity, then it swung clockwise. This is how I determine yes or no. This is how the pendulum has always worked for me.
I make these cubes all the time. I went to an artist guild meeting and made several stars. They are so easy to make I didn't realize I made an extra. I've decided to use it in this project because I don't like loose ends. I don't remember what kind of cube I was making at that time. So even though I am working for prosperity, this cube MAY have a little something extra. I'm fine with additional unknowns. I think it adds to the magick. I often discover that my spells work on more levels than I intended. I could make several different stars, then mix them up in different cubes. This is great when you feel a need for more than one theme such love money combo. Maybe you want love but you would also like to have enough money to go out. Using a money star on a love cube could be the answer. I wouldn't use 6 different themes unless I was planning to make a cube that brought good luck in all areas of life.
My original intent was to hold the pendulum over various colors until I got a clockwise answer. Except I never seemed to have the pendulum with me when I wanted to work on this project. I did have some left over embroidery floss in my sewing box and I was going to use it but the floss tangled into a huge mess on the first stitch. I think that was a sign from the Universe. So I went out to the shed. I found this lovely shade of green.  It just says prosperity to me. So I stitched up 5 green stars.

I can sew as many stars as I like, but eventually they must be cut apart and then they can be sewn into cubes.
With each snip of the scissors I said, "I banish debt. "
I now have 6 stars, one for each side of my cube.

I really wanted to do one post per project, but I don't think that will work because this post is getting pretty long and I've barely gotten into magick. I think I'll stop here for today. Tomorrow I will finish the cube, and that's nearly an all magick post, then the next day I'll have a post about tying up loose ends and planning the next stitch witch project.

No comments: