Friday, September 22, 2017

2017 Month+ of Witches & Magick

It's that time of year again! It's Mabon and I am beginning my Witches and Magick series. This year it's all me. For a while I've been wanting to write Stitch Witchery spells, spells that use some form of sewing as the base. While I have researched this and tried many spells of this particular kind of magick, I haven't written many of my own spells. I decided I should get started. The world needs magick more than ever. So please use my work as your starting point. If you think you have a better idea, run with it. There's usually more than one way to do something. Some ways are better and some ways are better suited to a certain person, place, or time. Sometimes you just have to make do with what you've got.

By necessity these posts will be picture heavy. I will try to show you a picture for each step. I will tell you where I got the idea. I'll list all the materials I used. And I think I'll put the magickal notes in red, like this, so you'll find it easier and know to pay attention. Like cooking, there's a good bit of mundane stuff with the magick seemingly narrowed down to a moon phase, or maybe a chant if you're lucky. While it's true that magick is mostly knowing what to do when, I realize that the readers of a Witch's blog probably want spells. Detailed spells. Knowing how it actually works before they begin.

I started writing this year's posts the day after the spring equinox. Thus, I should be able to tell you if something worked or not. And yes, I do start about six month early every time I write this series. Sometimes I want to make sure I get it done and sometimes ideas start coming faster than I can save them. I may use another color print or a different font so you can tell something has been added at a later date. This is like those notebooks Wicca 101 books are always telling you about. I never did write all my spells down because it defeated the purpose of keeping them secret. Even if I did, I doubt I would have found the time to write down results. It IS a good practice and it will save you much head scratching but don't beat yourself up if you can't keep notes. I promise the important stuff will make itself known until you get the hint.

To get started you will need a divination tool. I am using my pendulum.
This is my pendulum. It's just a funky key on a fob that I keep in a red bag. I carry it in my purse because I think if you're going to do magick it should be both accessible and easy to use. I don't worry about the pendulum picking up negative influences like crystals are prone to. Crystal balls seem to be very bad about that. Tarot cards pick up influences of other people. Spirit boards are easily influenced by all kinds of Astral beings. Pendulums work simply on a yes/no basis and I've never had one give erratic results. I use the pendulum to pick spells, materials, colors, and any other spell component I may need. If you want to make your own pendulum almost anything that swings will do. This could be a necklace, a charm, a key, or needle and thread. If you're more comfortable using another tool, go ahead.

Tomorrow I'll start posting spells. I will try to show a wide variety of crafts. I do macrame, quilting, needlework, and general sewing. I may venture into other things because I think it is important to learn and grow. Be advised, Stitch Witchery works best when you have mastered the skill. So when I show you something new to me it will not come with a complex spell.

Happy casting. I hope you enjoy this year's posts as much as I enjoy writing them.

No comments: