Monday, September 18, 2017

Intensified Energies

I've been feeling a sort of mad rush to do something I just don't know what I should be doing.

I think it's a combination of things:
First, we have several loose ends. We must wait for things to progress or play out. I am so lacking patience.
Second, in more than one area of life, both my husband and I are chomping at the bit for change. Change comes to all things eventually, but lacking patience makes it seem much slower.
Third, I have several ideas/plans but I can't focus solely on these because of daily life. My struggle lies in the desire to sit still when I get a spare moment vs remembering what it was I need to work on.

And then there's the biggie- autumn equinox is coming! Equinoxes are always times of intense energy. I have been casting more spells of late and still I want to do more. I have grand designs of a big ritual but that probably won't happen. When I say grand designs I mean like going to a remote area, casting a 9 foot circle under a clear moon, charging water drawn from a deep, dark well, then calling the quarters and hearing the wind whisper back. Doesn't that sound like so much fun? In reality I'd need a sitter, I'd have to get permission to go hiking across property boundaries, some deer hunters would wander by, and just as energies were raised and needing to be released my phone would ring with the babysitter demanding to know when I was coming home because my hellish brats are swinging from the ceiling fan.

So no big ritual for me. Maybe when all my children finally grow up and move out.

And in truth, I think I feel the pull of Witchcraft purely because my younger sons want to be baptized. This came about because my mother in law wouldn't let them drink wine at communion. I don't think they should be baptized just to have a sip of wine. If that's really what they want because they like the church then fine, but not just for wine. I delayed this decision for a year. During this time the church has tried harder to butt into our lives. Yesterday my mother in law told us to come to the church to meet with the preacher about the baptismal but what she DIDN'T mention was that it was Father's birthday and the church threw him a party. Originally she planned for us to come to service but we got the time wrong so we arrived as the food was being set up. Then it was really hard to leave. The congregation insisted we stay, but we didn't want to because we didn't want to be annoying party crashers looking for free cake. We had our daughter with us and everyone wanted to hold her or take her picture. I am not a people person, I don't like strangers touching me or my baby and I found the constant physical contact cloying. I felt like they were hoovering around like buzzards looking for an opening so they could press us into attendance or cooking or cutting grass or singing or teaching Sunday school. My husband made up a lie so we could escape. It was just too much. Even Will, sociable creature that he is, found it nerve-wracking. To me the experience was akin to being assimilated by the Borg, just with Angeles and light rather than cubes and cables.

No comments: