Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One Hour Per Day

Spending one hour outside each day is already benefiting me. Today I suddenly realized I don't have headaches in the afternoons. I haven't reached for the pill bottle since Saturday. I feel much more rested and I seem to have more ideas. I've been going through my old quilt journal. I nearly filled the book with ideas, techniques, pictures, and notes, along with entries about my life at the time and what I hoped to accomplish. I'm rereading, looking for ideas I never tried, mistakes I could avoid, and ways to improve. It's nice sitting on the porch in the cool breeze viewing the past with a fresh eye. This reflection is helping me decide what direction to take with my sewing and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have thought of it if I wasn't enjoying my porch time so much.

No comments: