Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SHUT THE WINDOWS!

My connection to autumn air has come to an abrupt halt. The pecan tree's roots have invaded the septic tank.
This is the view from my bedroom window. My landlord is putting in new field lines because whoever installed the septic tank was an idiot. (This house has changed hands many, many times and no, my landlord is not responsible for this mess.) The lines, rather than being the same all the way, are either plastic pipe or cement pipe. It's like they had some odds and ends to use up so the pipes were installed by whatever piece they grabbed. The lines run willy nilly all over the field and we still haven't discovered the end which is why I now have a 200 foot long trench. The cover of the septic tank is crooked and was propped up with bricks. Yes, you read that right. When the tank was installed, the cover didn't fit so they used bricks to make the cover sit evenly and then buried the whole mess. After the new lines are installed, the tank will be pumped and the tree has to come down.
Nothing like the smell of sewage.

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Oh my dear heavens!!! I am so glad you don't won that house!