Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Could Be More $%*!

My septic tank problems are solved. The field lines have been replaced (rather than trying to figure out where the old ones rambled to), I get to keep the pecan tree because the roots shifted the cover but didn't fill anything, and the main problem turned out to be a fence post driven into the old field line, thus causing blockage and oozing. (Ick.)

The smell is gone. The trench has been covered. The ground is not squishy. The shit should be resolved. Except it's not really.

One of my friends is in town visiting her family. This is Air Witch's sister. Air Witch is still not speaking to me. The sister left me a voicemail (stupid phone turned itself off AGAIN) inviting me to dinner, saying, "Mom is making a big turkey dinner."

Hmmm....

I'm counting my friend, her husband, and her daughter. That's 3. Plus Mom and her guy. That's 5. Plus me- 6. Would you make a big turkey dinner for six people? I think I would need 8-12 guests before I'd go through the trouble of cooking a turkey. So....who else is coming?

The middle sister is in Alaska, so I assume she isn't coming or someone would have said something. That just leaves Air Witch and her clan. How do I find out who's on the guest list without being a bitch? And if Air Witch is coming, do I go? How awkward is that? Is she willing to talk to me? Does she not know I'm coming? Her sister is famous for setting people up in difficult situations so all parties will be forced to face each other. I don't want to be in a comando intervention. I just want to see my friend, not deal with drama. I don't want to drive across five counties just to sit in a room away from everybody while they whisper about me and my friend runs back and forth urging us to put aside differences.

As for how I feel, I'm still a bit pissed. I feel like the friendship ended for no good reason. I feel abandoned and hurt. Even if Air Witch and I get back on speaking terms, I don't think we could return to the level we were on before because I wouldn't trust her. I'd be waiting for her to bail on me again. And part of the fight was over our magickal beliefs so I seriously doubt we'd start doing rituals together again. What exactly would I gain from patching things up?

No comments: