Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Altars

I found this site which is all about altars.

I think it's always interesting to see how other people practice their beliefs. Some of the altars are crowded, some are pretty, some are simple, some are for groups, some were only created for one event. A few on this site are altars of people I know and that was sort of an 'ah-ha' moment for me, like peeking into a private window. These are the altars that resonated with me:
Love, love, LOVE the hook in the corner. Immediately I wanted my own giant hook to hang incense or my cauldron. I like the hook details on the table, but this is too small for me.
For some reason, this spell bottle really speaks to me. I don't know why.
Pretty and simple. Like the green glass in the window.
The glyphs! I have no idea what they mean, but I feel drawn to them. Glyphs may be an area of future Witchcraft for me.
Another simple beauty. I especially like the candle, the fur, and the holey stones.
Between place. Enclosed porch, both inside and out. Loving the whole space.
I have the same star. I also have a similar skull. And I love boxes. I have little boxes and bags everywhere. Kevin said I missed my calling as a pot head.
Dead rabbit. I like this one because it appears the rabbit is getting a very special funeral.
Last but not least, an outdoor altar. I like outdoor altars best, they seem to hold more power, but I realize it is not always practical to leave things set up outside. Bears have been appearing a lot in my life lately, so I love the sweet little statue.



No comments: