Sunday, April 29, 2012

One Down, One to Go

Kurt spent the beginning of last night's shift flirting with me. When I wouldn't flirt back, he thought something was wrong, like I was mad at him or having problems with my sugar or I'd gotten into some kind of trouble.

I didn't want to flirt because I have chosen Mr. Dragon. I couldn't say anything to Kurt because Mr. Dragon was working a mere 12 feet away. He moved Kurt and I KNOW he got jealous because he saw Kurt talking to me. I'm not pressing the issue- I made my choice and having some distance from Kurt makes it easier to avoid sticky situations. But I don't like to upset anyone, so I had to sneak around the corner to tell Kurt sorry, you're not my choice. He said he was fine with it. He said he understood. But he still keeps waving and smiling, so I doubt he's given up completely.

I still have to tell Kevin. I don't know how to do it. But I've got to do something soon because Mr. Dragon is treating me like a queen. It totally blows my mind. Last night, I had to fix my robot. I grabbed the wrong wrench, and when I came back with the correct tools, he had fixed it for me. I felt like a helpless girl. Then he brought me lunch. I was dumbfounded; it was so unexpected. Before we left work, he said he wanted to put gas in my truck (!). Then he pumped it AND got me a diet coke. What did I do to deserve all this?! Kevin does like one nice thing a day, then he's done. Mr. Dragon acts like happiness doesn't begin until he sees me. All of it is giving me fluttering butterflies in my stomach. I feel awkward and unworthy. I feel like I should shower him with love and affection in return. I just pray it's enough.

3 comments:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

ish... sometimes the simplest things are so complicated. For the record, I've been rooting for Mr. Dragon the whole time, teehee.

FreeDragon said...

Well he has won! This is nothing like I thought it would be- it's better.

Alexis Kennedy said...

Oh sweetie, I can't tell you how happy I am to read that you have someone who makes you feel so special.. because you ARE!!!

Hugs and blessings and lots of love!