Monday, March 5, 2012

How I Spent the Weekend

I slept all day Sunday. It was my intention, no matter how tired I was, to work in the yard. I woke at 12 to take insulin. I had a splitting headache. I lay back down and the next thing I knew, it was 5:30pm. Night shift is not for sissies.
Practical matters first; I did all the laundry. Hmm, now that I think about it, there may still be clothes in the dryer.
I put a roast in the slow cooker. There are sweet potatoes under the roast and I think they cooked down to mush. My dogs have been watching the slow cooker for hours because they know I will pour the juice over their dog food.
And I am almost done with this star. That doesn't mean I'll be finished any time soon, because I have like zero time for myself, it just means I made progress. I'm calling this one 'Forest Star' because the dark green and bright orange remind me of hunting camouflage.

That was it. Now my weekend is gone, gone, gone :(

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a great treat for the pups! sometimes you just gotta sleep. i wish i could do that. i am not a sleep person but i would like to be!