Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Well, I'll Just Go See

I got tired of not knowing what my bit of land was doing, so today I walked around the yard.

I have iris and violets blooming. I saw the first blackberry bloom of the season. My hydrangea has brilliant green leaves. The pine trees all have little yellowish cones (fair warning, pollen season is nigh!).

I picked up fallen limbs and refilled the bird feeder. I have a gazing ball on the way. I started a herb garden.

Okay, the last one is nothing to be proud of because it's one of those cheap kits from the dollar store. But it's all I've had time to do. This urge to garden might be a bad idea. If I don't have time to plant it, I won't have time to tend it. I can just picture me walking outside to a brown, wilted patch of ground and saying, 'Oh damn! I forgot to water the garden for over a month.' But I am a kitchen witch and I am DETERMINED to have fresh herbs and a magickal relationship with my landbase. I will connect with my earth even if it kills me.

Today I am leaving early so I can buy potting soil before work. I. Will. Have. A. GARDEN!

No comments: