Friday, February 3, 2012

Demented

My meeting turned out to be mere safety training. I worried for nothing. At least I got biscuits out of it.

My joker card- bleh. I hate it. Tonight he reared his ugly head. I never know how long my shift will be. It's frustrating, especially when diabetes is thrown into the mix. If I know roughly how many hours I will work, and what I'll be doing, then I can plan for what my sugar will probably do. But if I think I will be on a slow job, and I don't eat much, then I get moved to a fast paced job, my sugar drops. Conversely, if I eat too much thinking I'll be moving around a good bit, and then I go home early, my sugar is too high and I have a headache. I would prefer to not feel like crap on toast.

My team leader lies. She shuffles us around, tells us we won't be on a job long, then hours later she tries to pretend like she didn't know what would happen. I've tried to explain about diabetes and she says she understands because both her mother and her grandmother have it. But when it actually comes to helping me manage my illness, she is less than tolerant. I don't say anything now unless it is a dire emergency- and then I don't ask, I just tell her I need to eat and I walk off. If the line goes down, fuck it.

I'm not the only worker getting upset. People are tired and grumpy. They want to go home. They have children. Nobody likes being lied to. Some are trying to change departments. Others are updating their resumes. I see the joker card as chaos and he was all over work tonight.

I didn't have a confrontation (werewolf card), but Nene did. She exchanged words with the team leader. I was misinformed about inventory so I made too many of the wrong parts. I might be confronted tomorrow.

But since I see how events could play out, I can take steps to protect myself (dragon cards). And speaking of dragons, Mr. Dragon was very sweet (hearts). I also decided to take another look at Jeff, so that could be hearts too. We'll see. I just have to watch the chaos (stupid, demented joker card).

1 comment:

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Glad to hear everything went well enough. Blessed Imbolc my friend :)