Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Those Cards Jumped Out On Their Own

Today I did a reading for myself. I always shuffle the cards until some fall out. These are the things I need to know about the most. I did my thing and put my cards away. I got ready for work. When I came back in the living room, three cards were laying on the sofa exactly where I had been sitting. I know I picked up all the cards. I know I didn't leave any behind. I know they didn't fall out as I put the deck back in the box. And I know damn good and well they weren't already laying in the spot or I would have sat on them.
Neatly in a row was the six of spades, a joker (urgh), and the 1 of hearts. I take this to mean I am about to be on a very wild ride, there will be much chaos, but finally I get a well matched mate. It's the joker that worries me the most. I seriously hate that card because every time it shows up weird, wild, and strange problems occur. To make it worse, there is not one, not two, but THREE of those demented clowns in the deck. Just look at him. He's a sick S.O.B.

Of late, I have also gotten quite a few Dark Ladies-

I like the last two best. I think the Dark Ladies are about introspection and knowing exactly what I want so I can get it. Spades are swords. Swords can either be ruled by fire, as they must be forged, or air, as they cleave though the air to cut away the unwanted. I usually think of swords as being fiery, but in this deck I feel spades are air- cold, dark, and unyielding. This is a heavy air, difficult to manage, like a broadsword.

The spades of this deck are where the Grim Reapers reside. When I first got these cards, I didn't like the suit of spades at first. I thought they didn't fit in with the rest of the deck at all.

There is only one dragon in the suit of spades, and he is held in thrall by a Dark Lady. No, these are not swords of fire.

So you may be wondering how the man hunting is going. If I was just hunting for ANY man, I would be having great luck. I've been asked out (turned him down, I think he's a player), three are flirting with me (one is way too young, one is way too old, and the other is just too strange), and now I've got one who jumps up to open doors for me (too young, too fat, and ugly). Mr. Dragon is still watching me. Kevin wants to come over. My friend thinks I am being too picky. I think I am better off waiting for Someone Interesting.

We'll see.

BTW- I have mentioned this before in another post, but my cards feature art by Anne Stokes.
http://www.annestokes.com/

1 comment:

Vivienne Moss said...

I love those cards. Did you make them youself? i love Anne stokes. I'll have to look through your posts later to read more on these wonderful cards.