Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Only Way I Can Be With You Is In My Dreams

First- I CAN SEE AGAIN! WooHoo! My eyeball is a nice cool white instead of a painful burning pink.

Bad news- overtime! :( I worked an hour over tonight and supposedly I will be working over every night this week including Saturday. Aaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! Maybe I should go rip that money spell off my fridge. Anyway, instead of making one long post, I'm going to do some short ones. I wanted to talk about my cards, but that requires getting the camera and all, so here's my dreams instead:

I have a reoccurring dream about Mr. Dragon. Elements of the dream change each time, but two things are always the same- first, we are at work. It's not actual work, and it's not the same job, but always I am in a very large place, I am with people I do not know but who are familiar to me, and I am searching for pieces/things to relocate with other like objects. The second thing that is always the same is Mr. Dragon is watching me. Usually he lights a cigarette, sits downs in some vantage point that allows him to see the whole wide area, and he doesn't work, he watches me. Most of the time I know he is watching and I go on about my business, but in some of the dreams I am busy working and I round a corner and boom- there he is just smoking and watching me. I will realize he has been able to see everything I did. I will think about talking to him, but I have nothing to say. Sometimes he says a few words, nothing important, just something in passing and then I go back to work but I feel a little odd because I know he's still watching. No one ever says anything about him not working, but everyone else in the dream is always busy with some task. It's almost as if his job is me. But I'm not sure what he's looking for or waiting for me to do. Last night's dream had a new twist- Kevin. He asked me to dance. Before I could answer, he said we should go to the river and dance on the bank. I couldn't leave because I was still at work so we agreed to meet after.

Kevin has never once asked me to dance. I don't think he knows how. I think the whole problem here, is I don't know what Mr. Dragon is doing. I DO know he DOES watch me in real life- though I'm pretty sure he doesn't ignore his job to do it. Mr. Dragon is just as confusing in my dreams as he is in life and I don't want to be confused. I like a straight-forward, honest man. I think like in my dream, I should just continue on with what I am doing. Either he'll get tired of watching me and he'll stop, or he'll finally have something to say. And maybe I am thinking Kevin was a little nicer than he actually is. Maybe part of me wishes we were still together so I wouldn't come home to an empty house. I just got to remember, the man doesn't dance, there's a limit to his thoughtfulness, I'm the romantic one, and I always had to beg him to carry me to the river. I doubt things are any better the second time around.

No comments: