Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This Week's Menu- Short & Witchy Style

Okay, okay, I am already falling off the weekly menu post wagon. I suck, I know. This is a week of low sugars. Whenever the weather changes, so does my glucose level. These last two weeks have seen much cooler temperatures. Colder weather means my body burns more sugar to keep warm, thus I need more carbs. This would be a good time to make a big pan of biscuits.

Since my sugar has been dropping at least twice a night, I don't feel well. I really want to curl up in bed and sleep. Then I could roll over and sleep some more. I'm craving gooey chocolate and actually, right now that would be good for me.

So this week's menu is rather non-existent because I haven't cooked anything. I went to my parents' house Sunday and my mother sent home a bunch of food because she still thinks I haven't grown up enough to fend for myself. She gave me half a meatloaf, some hard boiled eggs, a baked sweet potato, and snow peas. She was about to start handing me canned goods so I left because I feel guilty about taking all the food. She also tried to give me bacon, cheese, and coffee. Sometimes I bring a cooler and ice with me because I get tired of refusing.

The only food I have really prepared is sandwiches for my lunch. Just for fun, I drew pentacles on the bread with mustard. Don't laugh, it's really helpful. What kind of energy do you want in your life? Love? Draw hearts. Money? Dollar signs. Maybe circles for healing energy. I must warn you, drawing with mustard is a little tricky. It might be easier to spread the condiment on with a knife then draw the symbol with a toothpick. I call this sort of thing secret witchcraft because no one else will ever know about it.

No comments: