Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to 2011

While I was writing this post, it started to rain. We are having freakish weather here in the South. Tornadoes. Very unusual for New Year's. Damn global warming! Halona rushed in here as the sky darkened and shoved her head in my lap. Thunder, Mama! The older she gets the more nervous she is about storms. I had to lay on the bed on hold my baby until she was snoring contentedly.

Yesterday, Kevin asked if we were going to watch the ball drop, which surprised me. I think I've watched the ball maybe twice in my life. We decided sleep was more important. When I came home yesterday, I swept the house with my regular broom using this chant:
Witch's broom swift in flight
Cast out darkness, bring in light.
Earth be hallow, air be clear,
Fire bright, as water heals,
A scared bridge this site shall be
As my will, so mote it be.
I tapped the broom on the floor, said the chant, tapped the broom again, swept, then repeated the process in the next room. After the house was physically clean, I went around with my magick broom to sweep out negative energy. Last, I burned incense. I don't want to carry my old problems into the new year.

My grandmother believed it was wrong to do laundry on New Year's Day. She said if you washed your clothes and hung them out to dry, every drop of water that fell off would be one tear you would shed in the coming year. I don't think this is true, but I'm always looking for an excuse to do less housework. No laundry today!

Today I will be renewing a spell to keep money from being wasted. You need a purple ribbon for each faucet in your house. You don't need a whole lot of ribbon, just enough to tie around the spigot. The ribbon will get wet and water stained, so cheap is good here. Hold the ribbon and think of money. See yourself saving more. Think of raises and increased interest rates. See bills diminishing. Vow to spend less. Tie the ribbon around the faucet. That's it. Redo the spell when the ribbon looks bad.


Have you picked out a stone yet? This is mine. I'm keeping it in the living room window for easy access. Remember, after one year we will release the stone back to the earth. Got your notebook ready? Think about what you want. It can be anything. Got lots of wishes? No problem, write them all down. Each day hold your stone close and say, I want... Name all your wishes. Don't worry about how you are going to get these things, just say what you want. As your wishes come true, check them off your list. You can add to the list at any time. If you didn't get exactly what you wanted, write down what you got and if it is better or worse than what you wanted. This will teach you how your personal universe works. Yes, we all have our own reality.

Want to be rid of something? Get one pebble for thing (or person) you don't want. Tell the pebble why you don't want the thing in your life. Throw the pebble as hard and as far away as you can. Can't throw rocks? Drop it in the trash or the sewer. This spell works very well if you can throw the rock into a fast running river. I will be throwing mine into the cow pasture.

Are you ready for the garden 2011? Yes, this is a cardboard box. I will cut the box so it lays flat, then place the cardboard on the ground to kill the grass. In the spring I can plant without having to pull weeds. If you're choosing a garden spot, think location, location, location. The farther away from the house, the less likely you will tend it. Also think water. Does the hose reach? Again, the more buckets you lug, the more of a chore the garden becomes. And think about size. More garden = more work. Anyway, small gardens are charming.

One last spell- today I will burn a white candle to symbolize the Goddess and all the gifts She brings. I'm trying to become more accepting of opportunities that come my way. I hope the new year brings you everything you need for happiness and joy.



No comments: