Thursday, January 28, 2010

It could be serious...

Lately I've been having headaches. As I have migraines I can over look headaches. A little tension headache or sinus pressure is nothing.
I've also been really thirsty. So I drink lots and lots of water which makes me go to the bathroom more so now what we have are three symptoms of type 1 diabetes.
Maybe none of this is related. Maybe I'm stressed with sinus problems. Of course if you drink a lot you'll pee a lot. This is not a serious issue.
But diabetes runs on both sides of my family. I've been arguing with myself for a week. I have a similar argument whenever I cut grass. As I wheeze red-faced and staggering into the house I will think my heart is going to explode it's pounding so hard. I will tell myself I am out of shape. I will remind myself heart disease runs in my family. I will tell myself to shut up. My heart will ache and will tell myself it is not my time. I'll tell me to shut up again.
So, to convince me that I am a big worry-wart, I stopped drinking alcohol. I cut back on my caffeine because even I cannot convince me to stop drinking coffee. I cut out sugar, too while I was cutting back. I am drinking water all day. I tell myself I am dehydrated. All of this is helping. Now I am just thirsty instead of feeling I haven't had water for a week. The headaches are less. But the symptoms haven't completely gone away. I'm giving it another week before I go to a doc. In the meantime if anyone knows what wrong me, let me know. Myself is starting to get on Me's nerves.

1 comment:

Living in Muddy Waters said...

Cut out all of your white starches. If you are prediabetic that could quickly reverse the tide.

But I have another thought: There's been several massive low pressure systems over your area this winter, is it possible you're sensitive to them? Sensitivity to "heavy" weather includes headaches and may make you thirsty. Just a thought.