Saturday, May 2, 2009

http://forestgrove.wordpress.com/

First go check out her boxes. They look really cool.

Now for my actual post-

I'm in a witchy kinda mood (probably due to Beltane) So I've been doing stuff. What kind of stuff? Well, you might be thinking spells, charms, and hexes. You'd be wrong. I've been cleaning house.

I know you're confused. I know you're thinking that is the least magickal thing on earth. But there's a Kitchen Witch logic to it.

My home is my power base. All my spells are performed at home and most are geared toward protecting the home. So it just stands to reason that the more magick in the house itself the more powerful and successful my spells will be.

I've been rereading my house keeping books. My favorites are Organic Housekeeping which is about using earth friendly cleaning solutions and Sink Reflections which is about not letting housework overwhelm you in the first place. I like to reread these books once a year b/c they are so jammed packed with good ideas I never can remember all of them. From the Organic book I was reminded to vacuum mattress and then clean it by dabbing with vinegar. This removes odors and dust mites. Now if I flip a mattress on a waning Moon it stays flatter longer. Try it.

After cleaning the mattress I re-empowered my dreamcatcher and put some lavender under my pillow for restful sleep. See where the magick comes in? I've been doing that sort of thing all over the house. I spun some cords and used them to tie up the cords on my blinds (I hate all that string dangling everywhere, it encourages my dogs to chew) as I tied I empowered the cord for protection against home intruders. It doesn't look like a spell. It looks like decorative cord serving a useful purpose. But I know what it's for.

In more mundane new yesterday one of the maintenance men was telling what a pathetic liar Foo is (now more people see him as I do)

Going back a little bit farther I did finish my sewing job and I did get paid and I may have another one in the works.

Last Saturday I went to CityFest and got a god-awful sunburn. I am part Irish. I am also part Native American and apparently those genes skipped over me entirely. Before I got dressed that day I stood naked in front of the mirror and rubbed a high SPF sunblock on every inch of skin I could see. But do you know what I couldn't see? Hhhmmmm? My BACK. It's peeling now and I look like a snake. It still itches.

1 comment:

nefaeria said...

The new Forest Grove shop is great, eh? I got a bag from her when she had Skyclad open, and highly recommend her.

Organic Housecleaning is a fantastic book, and if you like looking at older recipes and the like, take a gander at these (free!) online texts:

http://www.mspong.org/cyclopedia/

http://books.google.ca/books?id=lMSx8d6Ibi8C&dq=the+household+book+of+practical+receipts&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=pQRTMkQJeh&sig=X4p6z0r8HQ6-dmYqQpwLDAp8sJI&hl=en&ei=RXvbScCwCIzCMbjp8cUI&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

http://www.geocities.com/karen_larsdatter/manual.htm

Hope that you had a great Beltane.

SlĂ inte!

Laurel