Thursday, April 23, 2009

Official Resident

Today I became a true resident of Tallapoosa County. I went to the courthouse and bought my car tag. Instead of being the Lee County price of $119 it was $89.45 I also updated my driver's license and instead of $25 dollars it was $19. Being that both tag and license are paid to the STATE and not the county I concluded Lee County is operated by cut-throat thieves.

As I left the courthouse I was given a packet of seeds, forget-me-nots. I don't know who the man was handing out seeds, or why he was doing it, but I am not the least bit surprised to be given free seeds at the courthouse. That's just the way it is up here. The Extension Service has an office in the courthouse near the driver's license office which is located in a vault. Inside it felt like a jail cell. I didn't ask. I also got a free map. That shocked me. Lee County charges. Another thing I like about the Tallapoosa courthouse is the fact that I could actually find it. Sensibly it is located on Main Street and I can get there via two state highways. The Opelika courthouse is stuck under a bridge near a railroad track on a miserable little side street that I never remember the name of. I usually find the Lee County courthouse by sheer dumb luck. And the people friendly up here. Like they seem to enjoy answering my questions even if I ask something dumb. I spent a grand total of 35 minutes doing three things. Those same three things would have taken half the day in my old town and nobody would have given any thing for free except a hard time.

In other news I got fed up waiting for the box so I called M. He hasn't sent it. Worse, I called on my cell so now he has my number. He said he would call me when he sent the box and I cringed. I may get another phone.

Foo stole my ideas. Remember I have to send bi-weekly reports now? Well he copied and pasted my email, added some bs and sent it along to the VP like it was all him. I blame myself for the oversight. I cast a spell using a mirror. Instead of having all his junk land back in his lap he just sort of basked in my reflection. I reworded the spell. He's been out 'sick' for two days and rumors are flying. Maybe someone does see what I see. Now when I send the report I comment on the bare minimum without venturing any info, plans, or suggestions. This has made for smaller reports, but that's his problem, not mine. If he ever comes back to work.

I'm still torn on selling fabric. Maybe I'll start small and see how it goes.

I haven't finished the roll of film. I did unpack the last of the boxes b/c I got a sewing job that needs to be finished this weekend. I had to find all my tools and clear off my cutting table so I could actually do the work. Since I will be sewing this weekend it could be a while before I post again. Just so you know.