Thursday, April 9, 2009

Surprise Pond

Today I went for a walk in the woods. I decided to follow the fence and eventually I came to a huge wall of red mud. I wanted to go around it, but one of the donkeys was standing on the other side of the fence. The donkeys are for killing coyotes. Seriously. They kick the coyotes in the head with enough force to crush the skull. I had the dogs with me of course, and they were keen to catch the donkey. So to save their skulls I led them away and then we climbed almost straight up. It was rough going. I was concentrating so hard that I wasn't really paying attention to the progress I was making. Suddenly there was about three acres of muddy water. I had no idea there was a pond. The dogs dove right in; labs love to swim. I sat on the dam and watched the sunlight glinting off the water. If I looked at the far side the water almost seemed clean. Then Sophie jumped out, got as close to me as she could and shook water in every direction. And that was my adventure for today.

1 comment:

FlightFancy said...

sounds like it was a grand adventure!