Thursday, January 1, 2009

Love Lost in LaGrange

Happy New Year!
Being that it IS a new year I decided to be more attentive to my blog. Therefore I offer this post:
I met the love of my life in a bar. Unfortunately, I lost him in the next instant. It happened this way:
My cousin was getting married, so she wanted to make a complete break with a man she was sleeping with. They weren't dating, they just always slept together no matter if one or the other was in a relationship or not. Like fuck buddies. So anyway, my cousin wanted to take the high ground and end it. She dragged me along for moral support.
However, there was nothing for me to do. She knew what she wanted, so she didn't need my advice. I didn't know the guy, so I couldn't offer an opinion anyway. There was nothing for me to do in that bar but drink. And drink I did.
I had four beers. At some point my cousin called her future husband and he told her not to drive home, he would come get us. So I decided to really drink and I straggered up to the bar and ordered a Jack and Coke.
Let me just interject this advice- never, ever, ever mix beer with hard liquier. Never. On with the story.
As I swayed drunkenly before the bar, I felt something on my hip. I looked down and saw a hand. In slow drunk motion I turned around to find the hand's owner. He was tall and tan and blond (I don't even like blond men and he turned me on; he was THAT handsome) and he had the most beautiful ocean eyes I ever saw. Do you know the kind I mean? Somewhere between blue and green and glowing?
He pulled me closer to him and my heart stopped. He leaned closer and said,
"You're standing in between me and my drink."
I said oh, and moved away. He got his drink and started walking off. It occured to me to say something, but I couldn't think what. But I knew I must have that man so I grabbed my glass and tried to follow.
But he was gone.
It was if the crowd swallowed him. I wandered all over that bar and couldn't find him anywhere.
Depressed, I finished my drink.
I later was too drunk to walk up a wheelchair ramp.
End of story.

No comments: