Thursday, June 14, 2018

A New Daily Practice

I've been trying to figure out how to include more into my daily practice. Recently, I felt compelled to start working with the dead. I would like to light a candle every day, then spend some time communicating with my ancestors. Ideally, I could visit cemeteries. In reality, I can't leave candles burning because I have a toddler and one son who is fascinated by fire and has caused damage more than once. And then I can't go to the cemetery a whim, I have other commitments.

This morning I was on Pinterest. I have 2 exercise pins that I look at every morning to make sure I'm doing all the steps in the right order. I realized I could have other pins that remind me of goals. It would be really useful to have pins of cemeteries where my family is buried. So I gathered children and we walked to the nearest cemetery. I took lots of pictures and turned them into pins.

The beauty of the Internet is that it is a between place. Witches work between the worlds. When we cast the circle we are between the worlds making the mundane sacred. I like knowing I can access the cemetery closest to my house anytime I want. I have a cauldron spell that requires dirt from the nearest crossroads, dirt from the closest cemetery, water from the nearest source, a branch from the biggest tree, and so on. All these are placed in the cauldron and Tarot cards are stored on top. I never did the spell because some of those, like the water, would damage my deck of cards. But I could photograph all those things then design a ritual using the pins. Or use the pins to build an astral circle. Or use them for a more elaborate ritual without leaving the living room.

I also made a pin of a dragon in my favorite book store. There's a wonderful energy in the store, but I can't do spells in the middle of their sales floor. I'm interested in seeing what kind of energy I can raise just by working with the picture. More posts to come if this works.

No comments: