Thursday, March 28, 2024

Thursday

 Yesterday was hell. 

I felt good when I woke up. I slept. My husband did not. I was unaware. I guess he was a little angry that I slept through his pain, but he didn't wake me, so there was no way I could have known.

I got up and tried to make breakfast. I pulled seven dirty plates out of the cabinet before I found a clean one. This pissed me off, but I did not say anything.

My husband threw some money on the counter and walked away. I asked what it was for. He snapped at me. He wanted me to make a bank deposit. Our bank is in one town, and I had a doctor's appointment in the opposite direction. I had 1/4 of a tank of gas because since Youngest Son had his 3rd car accident in less than a year, we do not trust him to drive. I have been taking him to work. When I mentioned (for the second time) that I was low on gas, my husband got angry, grabbed the money, and stormed off to work.

When it was time for the boys to leave for school, Middle Son reached for his cell phone. I told him no. We have a rule that any time I find dirty dishes in the cabinet, phone access is denied until I go a full day without finding dirty dishes mixed in with my clean ones. This is not a new rule. We've had it for years. Both boys got pissy about not having their phones, and acted like they were unaware of this unfair, draconian law. 

And I suppose that's why the next thing that happened was both boys stood in the kitchen behind me and vaped. I asked what they were doing and they ignored me. Both left. I got up a little later and realized the kitchen smelled like burnt tobacco. 

I took my egg signs down to the road. I found a busted vape by the mailbox. I'm guessing Youngest Son deliberately vaped behind my back to be a passive-aggressive asshole. Then he handed the vape to his brother, who put it in his pocket. When they got to the driveway to wait on the school bus, Middle Son tried the vape, found it empty, then threw it at Youngest Son in anger. 

Feeling very fed up with everything, I decided not to go to the doctor. I tried to reschedule. No one would answer the phone. I thought maybe I was calling a little too early, so I waited half an hour, then called again. Same thing. I gave up. I sat on my bed all morning sipping coffee. My rashes itched and my head pounded. 

Later in the day, the hubby and I worked out our problem. He apologized. I told him I did not want to take Youngest Son to work anymore because he was being so rude and disrespectful. He asked what rude thing happened, so I had to tell him about the vape. 

Both boys came home from school and lied about the vape. Which is what I expected to happen. Youngest Son told me he had to be at work at 5. I told him I wasn't taking him anywhere. He called his grandmother. He tried to leave with his phone. I told him he didn't need it. He put it back, then marched across the yard to complain to his father. My mother-in-law called me to complain that she was sitting in her driveway, burning gas, and Youngest Son still wasn't present. He left without it, still mad.

This morning, he tried to talk to me. I pretended like he didn't exist. 

After the boys left, my daughter got up crying because she had not slept at all. I gave her melatonin, then put her in my bed. I laid down with her to keep her calm. I fell asleep too. I dreamed of snakes. I always dream of snakes when the boys are being sneaky. I am guessing they sat up all night talking, arguing, and/or vaping. Now I have another problem to solve. 

I had plans to be a very productive gardener today. I tended to my garden yesterday, and it cheered me up. I thought of more things I could do. I was eager to get started. 

When I got up the second time, I decided to make coffee. This is what I found:

I posted it on FB. 

Blessed be, my dears. Stay calm.

No comments: