Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Updates, Tuesday Edition

 I got nothing when I tried scrying with the insulator. Of course, I haven't tried scrying in a long time. 

We finally pulled the dryer out of the laundry room. Lint was EVERYWHERE. I am amazed the house hadn't caught on fire. Today I am going to completely clean, then bless, the laundry room. 

I managed to get a bookcase in it's right spot, but I am still trying to touch up paint. Our weather has been very rainy. The paint rarely dries. This is frustrating. I have books everywhere. The dryer is in the kitchen. I have shoes everywhere because my family thinks it's easier to kick shoes off at the door rather than place shoes in the crates. I feel like I live on an episode of Hoarders. 

I still haven't gotten paid. Supposedly the check was mailed August 8. I emailed payroll last night. This morning I had an email from another person telling me my system was being updated during my review and someone would let me know when the update was available. She ignored my other concerns, and so did payroll. I am job hunting again, but nothing is a good fit. I did apply for an editing job even though they aren't hiring. I did get an immediate response, in which they emphasized they only hire 1 in 300 applicants. In other words, they can pick and chose the best of the best. 

Yesterday at 2:29 I fired my lawyer. I left a message saying he was being fired because I had called multiple times asking for him to return my call and he never did. He called at 2:59. I watched the phone ring. I decided to treat him as he has treated me. Later, I listen to his voicemail message, where he urged me to call and have his receptionist connect me to his cell phone. I think I am going to call at 4:55pm and leave another message. Just for spite. No. That's not petty enough. I'm going to call the after hours answering service. 

Z has decided to move into an apartment. He doesn't want to, but that is best for everyone. We are too crowded here. I know my sleep is disturbed, I imagine everyone else's is too. I love having my grandchildren here, but if we are going to live in one house, then we need another wing for everyone to be comfortable. 

I have several plants on the porch. I have a mango tree, mint, aloe, and my big mamma plant that my cousin gave me. I feel better. I would like to have a bigger garden, but that isn't possible here. Going over to Homestead is frustrating. I hate living in two places. I never can remember where anything is. I take a lot of things back and forth. My plants in Dad's garden look great, but the plants in the greenhouse aren't doing as well. They grow, but barely. Only the basil seems to be thriving. I need to harvest both the basil and my mint. Currently, I am trying to grow lettuce from scraps. I tried this unsuccessfully before. But if I get a lettuce patch going, that would be beneficial to both me and my rabbit. 

I have a routine established. I wake up at 5am and wake the boys up for school. My husband gets up to go to work. I check my sugar to see if I need to eat. If I don't have an appointment in the morning, I go back to sleep after the boys get on the bus. I was feeling guilty about sleeping, but I need more sleep. Usually one of the dogs wakes me when she needs to go out. I walk dogs, then feed the chickens, and then I feed the pony. I check on my plants when I return to the house. Then I check my daughter's lessons for the day, and I plan my housework around that. 

I read the cards, carry my bag of crystals when I feel I need protection, state my intent, and watch tiktok to see what other Witches are doing. 

I am not sewing very much. I am busy and my back hurts often. I have lots of ideas, just not much time to work on them. Since we are staying here, I have decided to reclaim my studio. This is grueling work of cleaning, organizing, and buying furniture so everything fits. But it needs to be done. I need an artist practice. Right now I'm thinking if I can get my daughter's lessons done in the morning, I could be in the studio each afternoon. 

I'm still waiting for money to show up so I can actually buy the things that would help make life better. I really hate checking the mail so much. Makes me feel pathetic. Apparently, work from home jobs still have some workplace stress. 

Blessed be, my dears.   

No comments: