Tuesday, June 28, 2022

I Live in a Zoo

 

My dears, I thought I was doing really good. I cleaned off my night stand. I was so happy. The Chi was flowing nicely. Inspired, I started cleaning more of my bedroom.
I went back and forth on moving my altar cabinet, before deciding if I moved the sewing machine to the corner, my chair probably wouldn't fit. So I rearranged the wall instead. The window was the biggest job. I took the curtains down and washed them, then I cleaned the blinds. I washed the glass, then sealed the window so nothing negative could enter my house. 

I also set a new mirror to turn back negativity because I am having nightmares. I ain't got time for stupid shit. Leave me alone. I re-empowered the pin jar as well. I put bent pins, dull/broken needles, and old rotary cutter blades in a glass jar. I throw the jar away when it is full. This just keeps metal from poking through the trash bag. But, metal bits are useful spell components, so waste not. 

Everything was going so well. I was feeling a little tired, so I started sewing a new charm while I rested. 

And then my husband told me we were getting a pony.

The pony belonged to one of our friends who moved into a new house with considerably less land. My husband thought a pony would be a wonderful gift for our daughter and grandchildren. The pony is in our dog pen because that is the only fenced area we have. 

He doesn't have a name. The ladies who transported him said that he isn't halter broken. He is well mannered. He did not try to bite or kick, but his hooves are well overdue for a trim and they had so much difficulty loading him onto the trailer that they were reluctant to mess with his legs. I think the pony was purchased and then forgotten.

The pony was obviously stressed by all the relocation and new people. I took the dog out of the pen. The dog is not well mannered. She is needy. She is 85 pounds of attention starved, overgrown puppy. We can't sit peacefully on the couch without her crawling all over us. She has to be in the kennel while we eat, or she will jump onto the table to steal food. Late yesterday the dog saw the pony and tried to lunge through the window. 

The dog ends up in the kennel a lot, which I feel bad about, but when I let her out she plays too rough with the cat. 

The cat was a whole other set of problems when Z moved in because the litter box made his pregnant wife queasy. And the cat stalked her pet hamsters. We moved both hamsters and litter box around the house before deciding something needed to go. No one could sleep. The hamsters ran on their wheel most of the night. When we took the wheel out, they attacked their water bottles. Finally, the hamsters went to live in my studio. The litter box went in the laundry room. The animals settled down. Until the pony showed up. 

I spent most of yesterday trying to find a water barrel and putting up shelter, then wondering what I would use for feed bins. He is too fat, so we have been advised to limit treats. I'm not sure how to train him on limited treats. 

I am also supposed to be cooking, cleaning, training for my new job, making art, running an Etsy shop, and dealing with pig headed lawyers who don't give a damn about me being in a car wreck. 

I don't really have a daily practice right now. I struggle to slip spells in here and there. I haven't worked on this year's Witches & Magick series in ages, and I worry Mabon will be here before I know it. 

Never a dull moment my dear readers. Blessed be.

No comments: