Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Work in Progress

 I have created several pages for my stars, and published them, but only one page is showing on the blog. That's really annoying. I've been changing the layout in an attempt to fix it, but so far I am not having any luck. Probably I will need to do it from my desktop computer. I don't think the tablet is up to speed. 

I heard back from the magazine this morning. They are still a bit vague, but they did answer. I have some doubts, but I do want to move forward. Probably I will do it. I may do a little research before I commit.

A couple of months ago, one of the local museums was asking people to submit crafts. I submitted an art quilt. This morning I got another email saying they are still taking submissions. There were several pictures of crafted items, including my art quilt. I was thrilled to see it. I feel like I made a really good piece since it was selected for promotion. Museums tend to pick the best art to showcase in order to attract visitors. 

My husband has landed his dream job at the airport. He is giving his notice today. If his boss is agreeable, then he works the remainder of this week and next week. If his boss wants to be difficult, he is going to pack up his tools today and start at the airport tomorrow. The pay is much better, so life will be easier for us. The hours are better, he has weekends off, and the job comes with actual benefits. He is over the moon and I relieved. 

One boy is doing well in high school and the other still goes out of his way to pretend to be stupid. He lied to me last night about homework. I've decided to let him fail. I think his IEP started yesterday, hence the dramatic production. 

Online school for my daughter is difficult because the tablet doesn't load everything and the desktop computer doesn't have sound. We had a live session yesterday and about every third minute we were kicked out of the class. Nothing seemed to alleviate the problem. I just log in every day and pray that things eventually work out.

Since school has started, I have been able to go for morning walks and tend my garden. The house is cleaner. I can read the cards, do more spells, and blog more. I have started making art again. Still can't sit at the sewing machine for very long, but I can hand sew for long periods. 

Things are improving. Blessed be.


No comments: