Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Good Morning

 I am sorry I have been MIA for a while. I think the last time I did a post of updates, I mentioned that every time I read the cards, big batches of cards fell out. Turns out, that was the cards trying to tell me what all was coming. Things were brewing then. I just never imagined it would be so much at once.

It was rained damn near every day all summer. I was in a car wreck back in February. Heat plus rain equals humidity. I have exposed nerves from the wreck. Exposed nerves plus humidity equals back pain. Over the weekend I could barely move. I feel better now, but obviously there will be days when I can't do much of anything. This makes me really angry, and I still think that worthless brat should lose his license until he's 25. 

I think my mother has dementia. She is 80. She remembers things, but she has a completely different take on reality. She gave me family photos and told me to give them to my cousin. I did. Then she accused of me of snatching pictures off the wall and keeping them for myself. She has done this a few times- makes a decision, then wants something completely different and doesn't remember why it was done the other way. She is fighting me on everything. I am exhausted trying to deal with her.

In-laws are also difficult. Right now they are ignoring us. This is great for me, but worrisome to my husband. I feel bad for him, but I can't fix a lifetime of toxic behavior. 

My children are much better behaved since I am not allowing them to go next door. The boys still argue, but not nearly as much, and the arguments no longer last all day or exacerbate into violence. Right now my biggest problem with the kids is that they eat too many Popsicles. 

Being under so much stress has me feeling crazy. I have started using my binder more often, and life is much easier when I write everything down. If I write things down where I will see them, then I don't struggle to remember, and when I stop struggling, I worry less. Some things aren't getting done, but I didn't get to them because I either ran out of time, or I wasn't able because of pain. I haven't completely forgotten anything vitally important. 

Having the binder also means all my notes about my craft is at my fingertips. I have been using my pendulums more. I don't know that I am gaining proficiency, but I am learning.

My fiber group created a website. I had to submit some of my work. I didn't know what to say. I created a mini art gallery on my bedroom wall. And after seeing my art every day for weeks, I had plenty to say. I even figured out what to do with a few pieces. Since I benefited from my mini art gallery, I decided Facebook should too. I have started updating my cover photo so that I am quietly promoting my own work without pushing sales. I feel better about this. I also decided on when to do online sales.

I entered an art show taking place in London. I don't know if I will get in. I thought the deadline was yesterday. Turns out it's Friday. I decided to submit my art and I am really glad I did because applying took way longer than I thought it would. I worked on the application process literally all day. I lost an near complete application because I opened new windows to make sure I used correct website addresses, and then closed the wrong window. This lead me to realize the importance of having a list of where my work is exhibited, AND having a promo package put together that can be modified easily. I don't care how organized any artist is, every single show has different requirements. While it is easy to submit the same art over and over, it is impossible to use the same artist statements and bios. 

I am still working on the Witches & Magick series. I have written and scheduled nearly all the posts for September, and I have several rough drafts waiting to be completed. I am happy with the results. 

Diet and exercise is sometimes a struggle. During the days when I first began to worry about my mother and dementia, everything completely went out the window. I redoubled my efforts and I think I have the diet under control again. I am shooting for near zero carbs. My glucose levels are lower and I think I might lower my a1c. 

I changed up a couple of spells I do often. I am debating writing about them now, or saving them for October. I suppose that depends on what kind of response I get on this blog. I have plans for this blog's posts, I just haven't had time to write. 

I still haven't gotten my tablet fixed. But I did the next best thing- I got a different tablet. That makes life easier. 

There's more- I haven't written about kids in school, my garden, the foxes, or my husband's job. But I must leave soon, so all that will have to wait. I will try to do some Tarot Wednesday posts. I will TRY. Time has become a precious commodity. 

Blessed Be, Dear Readers.   

  

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

Don't worry if you don't get chance to post, life gets in the way sometimes 🙂 I love reading your magic posts and look forward to seeing your witches and magic series every year.
Sorry to hear about your mum, my dad has Parkinson's disease and related dementia so I know how hard it can be. Lot's of love x