Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday Almost Normal Edition

 Good morning, Dear Readers.

This past Thursday was my 44th birthday. The whole weekend felt surreal. Today has been hectic. I am trying to settle back into my routine so that I can be productive. 

I've been thinking a lot about what I really want, and how I can achieve those things. 

One change I have made is to do rather than wish. If I start longing for something, instead of brooding and day dreaming, I will ask myself if I can do that right now. If I can, I go do it. If I can't, I ask what I need, and then I go work towards the goal. For example, I really want to do another art show. I can't set that up today, but I can make art. And I can write artist statements, email contacts, and promote art on Instagram. None of these make a show happen instantly, but they do bring me closer. I feel better if I at least made progress. 

I will write more after I have finished a few pieces. Maybe I could do a virtual show on this blog.

No comments: