Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday

I want to get back to posting Fiber Fridays. I set up a WordPress blog just for such purposes. I never have any photos ready to go. For some reason, Friday is the busiest day. I start looking at projects. And then I become my own worst critic. I find several reasons why something isn't "good enough" to post. Sometimes I decide a project needs to be more complete before I photograph it. Then I work instead of promoting my work. Either way, I got nothing.

I have been able to go to my altar almost every day. I don't always get to it on weekends because there are just too many variables to schedule. Nothing is ever the same on Saturday and Sunday.

Although, weekends just took a drastic decrease in activities. Progress reports came out this week. Both boys had multiple F's. The younger boy has been kicked off the football team. He can't play next year. Then his grades got even worse, so now the coaches won't allow him to use the weight room. Instead of doing his homework, his grades continued to drop. Now we have cancelled boy scouts, piano lessons, church, t.v., and the play station. The other child only does his work when he feels like it. He doesn't have as many failing grades, but I can't say that he is doing much better. They've dug themselves into a deep hole and neither seems interested in getting out of it.

This year we are traveling for Thanksgiving. I don't want to go to my sister-in-law's house. I really don't care how big the living room is, or how much she paid for furniture, or what car they drive. My husband, in a moment of anger, threatened to cancel the trip because of the bad grades. I was elated until I realized he was trying to spur the boys to change. We're going. That sucks dishwater.

I am job hunting again. I haven't found anything I want to do.

We have baby chicks. There are 3. I think 2 have a different mother, but she isn't interested in them. I suppose as long as at least one hen cares for the chicks it doesn't matter if they're all her babies or not. It's rather cold here, but momma hen diligently keeps the chicks warm and dry.

I've been having pain in both hands. The tendons in my right hand ache. The joints ache in my left. Both hurt after a sewing session regardless of what kind of work I do, or how long I do it. I'm not sure what to do about this. I've cut down on sewing time, but that didn't make the pain stop.

Because of the cold, the dogs have been inside the house. In some ways this is good. If the child with behavior issues gets up during the night, all three dogs follow him. He cannot possibly sneak through the house. If he does something very unusual the dogs will bark or whine. Since I know they will alert me, I have been sleeping better. The dogs get more attention. It becomes very obvious if the boys have neglected to give them food or water. During the day, I let the dogs out about once an hour. No one else thinks about it. If I get busy in the evenings, the dogs relieve themselves on the floor. Apparently, I am the only person in the house capable of noticing the mess. The boys will step over it without a thought. Usually, the boys taking large steps across the kitchen is what draws my attention.

I figured out a few problems with the kaleidoscope I am making. I shined the metal using hot sauce. That cleaned all the gunk off. I thought I had one brass plate and one stainless steel. After rinsing off the hot sauce, I realized they were both stainless and they matched perfectly. The glass glue I bought for another project works for the kaleidoscope. I have bling, or whatever the contents are called. All I lack now is putting everything together. Since I've made one, future kaleidoscopes should be easier to assemble.

The meditation I've been doing is just looking in the kaleidoscope before I do any art or craft. It is very relaxing and inspiring. After looking for a few minutes, I want to make beautiful things.

I've gained a better understanding of the cards I read. The runes are easier to grasp. I purchased a 2020 planner and I decided to record my daily readings in it. I seem to get some cards/runes often. I'm wondering if there's a larger pattern I am missing, or if they appear during certain times or moon phases. It will be interesting to find out.

No comments: