Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thursday

How do you title emails? My friend and I simply use the day, unless of course, some major problem has arose. And we go back and forth until the day has ended, we run out of things to say, or one of us is too busy to connect. That usually happens to both of us as the work day ends, husbands and children come home, animals need to be fed, and dinner preparations loom ahead.

I got really sick of being fat. I started doing ab exercises. My abs hurt like hell. I forgot how the soreness holds on. I try to tell myself soreness is good, it means the exercises are working, but damn it hurts. Getting old is not for sissies.

My allergies are causing problems. I'm having nose bleeds now. The meds give me weird dreams that I don't even bother trying to interpret because I know it's just a hallucination.

My little daughter is probably going to start Pre-K. She's recognizing shapes, numbers, and letters. I want her to start learning, but I fear if we push too hard she may develop a dislike for school. Will wants her around other children so she develops social skills. I guess at this point the decision is really up to my mother, as she will be paying. I didn't think the price was bad, it was cheaper than I thought, but Mom thought it was expensive. However, she doesn't want her at the public school. We're all in agreement on that.

Currently, I have one show going with my fiber art group. Our reception was loudly packed. We promoted the hell out of the show, visitors come in droves. It's thrilling. I don't think anything is selling. I priced all my work, but I didn't see prices on anything. Not sure if our curator decided to make it a show only, or if we priced everything so radically different that she decided it wasn't a fair market. Or maybe I was the only one selling. Or maybe she kept the prices on a private list and is negotiating with anyone who asks. I don't know.

I have one more show planned this year, but that will only be one piece. I now need to figure out what to do with the art I'm getting back. Considering taking some of it to the airport as most airports want art on the walls and they don't charge artists to show it.

As for making art, I don't have anything exciting right now. I decided to finish as much as possible. I am still making trees, but don't have one finished. My fiber group is doing one more show with a woodland theme. Now we are moving on to cityscapes. I have planned a quilt, but not started it yet. I still want to do something with Celtic knots, but I don't know what yet. I am still planning a sale during Labor Day, because at that point most of my art will be returned from shows. I still need to make small pieces that will sell quickly.

I haven't done much with job hunting because I've been consumed with school enrollment. And the in-laws left the country so I've been feeding their animals. I try not to look at all the trash laying around. I know if I clean it won't last and they certainly won't be grateful. The place is disgusting. I've seriously thought about bringing the cat and rooster over here so I don't need to go next door. That house is probably why my allergies are so bad. When our washing machine broke down I reacted horribly to their laundry detergent and I didn't even use it. Fragrance alone, just smelling it as I stood on the back porch, made me sneeze, cough, and gasp for air. Maybe I should cover my face when I go over there.

No comments: