Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday

The week has been hell.

Monday- sick
Tuesday- dehydrated, too weak to move
Wednesday- fought with lazy boys who thought they could get away with everything since that's what they had done for 2 days, then fought with husband about the whole sorry state of affairs.
Thursday- still struggling with child who doesn't want to do school work. Decided to start swearing in Latin because my current English cuss word vocabulary simply cannot meet my demands. Samuel L. Jackson couldn't narrate enough motherfuckers into my life story.
Friday- mentally exhausted. Realizing I need to make changes but have no idea where to start.

I have lots of plans. I have lots of ideas. It's the follow-through that doesn't happen. I was reading about the inchie project, which is simply making a small piece of art every day, usually just an inch or two in size. Anybody can cover 2 inches of paper with paint. She also had some painted plastic that looked like shrinky dink, though I'm not sure. All of it was pretty and inspiring. I was thinking of using 14 mesh plastic canvas cut into 1 inch squares and making one cube side per day. I love my cubes, but I never make enough of them. I found one last night. I immediately felt joy upon seeing it because that cube turned out very well. Why don't I have more?

One change I definitely need to make is how I start my day. I go straight to the Internet. And there I get swept up in the comments and likes. Suddenly time has zipped by. I have accomplished nothing. Chores loom over me. Several other things would have happened while I was browsing and now those need my attention. The boys have decided to destroy the world because they hate everything in it. A chicken will have gotten tangled up. A dog has escaped. A package has been delivered. I missed 6 calls. A couple of timers buzzed and the laundry needs to be put in the dryer, but I got to take the other load out.

I'd like to start my day sewing instead. Of course, I will still have all those other stressors, but at least at the end of day, I'd have something tangible to prove I didn't waste time. I think I could manage to start my day with an inch of plastic canvas and an array of colored floss. No doubt I'd feel more useful, too.

No comments: